NIH / NCATS Assay Guidance Workshop
October 23 @ 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Sponsored by UNC Catalyst for Rare Diseases and Promega
This full-day workshop will cover a broad range of critical concepts underlying assay development for high-throughput screening (HTS) and lead discovery projects.
- Overview of the Assay Guidance Manual eBook as an important resource for detailed information about robust assay methods and best practices in quantitative biology.
- Practical approaches for developing robust assays for biochemical, cell-based, and high content screening, as well as the selection and development of optimal assay reagents.
- Overview on sources of assay artifacts and strategies to identify and mitigate artifacts through method selection and the implementation of counter assays.
- Discussion of important statistical and data analysis concepts with an emphasis on using these concepts to collect the best possible data and make go/no go decisions based on experimental results.
- Open discussions to share experiences and seek practical advice about individual research concerns.
To register for the NIH/NCATS Assay Guidance Workshop, please visit: