A primary focus of the Eshelman Institute for Innovation is to educated and train the next generation of innovators to create, implement and translate their big ideas into innovative solutions that positively impact society. One way in which the Institute pursues this goal is by offering internships to professional and graduate students at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy.
Through various internship opportunities, students are exposed to science, technology, entrepreneurship, people, opportunities, and ways of thinking that fosters experimentation, discovery, and growth. Interns are considered to be vital contributors to the Institute and the School’s pursuit of excellence in advancing education, research and health care.
The Institute Internship is a paid multi-year internship offered by the Eshelman Institute for Innovation. The intern(s) reports to the Program Manager and plays a supportive role in Institute operations and program implementation. The intern(s) also serves as a liaison between students and the Institute to provide insight into areas of opportunity for development of an innovative mindset and culture among the student body.
The Institute intern(s) not only help the Institute cultivate innovation in research, education and health care, but are challenged to push their own boundaries in problem-solving, creativity, teamwork, and personal growth.
The Institute intern(s) is responsible for the following:
- Assisting in the recruitment, review, and execution of the Young Innovators Program
- Assisting in the recruitment, review, and execution of the E(I) Lab Program
- Collaborating with the Office of Strategic Planning and Assessment to gather qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate and improve programs supported by the Institute.
- Collaborating with the Office of the Dean and the Office of Communications to develop a culture of innovation through enhanced communication, outreach, and engagement
- Providing administrative and event support for the Eshelman Institute for Innovation.
Must be a Pharm.D. student at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy to apply.
SBTDC-EII Technology and Commercialization Internship
The Technology and Commercialization Internship is a 10-week paid summer internship offered by the Eshelman Institute for Innovation and the North Carolina Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC). The internship offers students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field of business consulting and technology commercialization.
Throughout the 10-week program, each intern is responsible for providing two technology-based clients with business consulting activities. Typical projects include:
- Market research
- Competitive landscape analysis
- Financial analysis
- Technology assessment
- Intellectual property review
- Early-stage business plan development
Must be a Pharm.D. or Ph.D. student at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy with full-time availability for the 10-week duration of the internship to apply.