Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
In an effort to continuously develop the next generation of bold innovators, the Eshelman Institute for Innovation offers two postdoctoral fellowship positions.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Fellow
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Fellowship is a two-year postdoctoral training program supported by the Eshelman Institute for Innovation and the Office of Entrepreneurial Development at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. The fellow reports to the Associate Director of Entrepreneurial Development and assists with the following:
- Promoting entrepreneurship
- Identification, protection, and commercialization of intellectual property
- Education and training of faculty, students, and postdoctoral fellows in entrepreneurship and the commercialization of IP
- Activities supporting the Eshelman Institute for Innovation granting and technology outreach process
Furthermore, the fellow will assist the Associate Director for Entrepreneurial Development, faculty inventors and startup companies by:
- Supporting the development and commercialization of IP
- Assisting companies with securing space at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, UNC-Chapel Hill, and beyond
- Managing the Eshelman Institute for Innovation MicroIncubator, which included the development and execution of facility and equipment use agreements
- Collaborating with the Office of Commercialization and Economic Development (OCED) at UNC Chapel-Hill and other entities on and off campus that are involved in entrepreneurial development, IP, and commercialization
Ph.D. in physical or biomedical science or equivalent is required.
Academic Innovation and Operations Fellow
The Innovation and Academic Operations Fellowship is a two-year postdoctoral training program supported by the Eshelman Institute for Innovation. The fellow reports to the Associate Director for Academic Innovation, and primarily supports students and postdoctoral fellows at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy who are involved in Institute programs.
The fellow will work in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, postdoctoral fellows, and with the Institute’s administrative and leadership teams to assist with the following:
- Creating programs and initiatives to foster an innovative mindset among professional and graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
- Educating and training students and postdoctoral fellows to ensure the development of knowledge and skills essential to creativity, problem-solving and innovation
- Developing and operationalizing activities associated with stimulating innovation both internal and external to the School, including the annual Igniting Innovation Symposium, Young Innovators Program, and other initiatives and events
- Working with the Associate Director for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and others to facilitate commercialization of intellectual property and entrepreneurial development
Pharm.D. or Ph.D. in biomedical science or equivalent is required.